Monday 14 March 2011

"At this time, Relief and Deliverance Will Arise From Another Source..."

Below is a copy of a letter I sent to the Prime Minister of Israel today. Activists are requesting a flood of letters from inside Israel and abroad in order to influence him.


Dear Prime Minister,

I am an American immigrant. My wife and I and our three children (Leah 6, Betzalel 4, Itai 2) live in the small community of Pnei Hever, south of Hevron. We have been living there for almost four years and we have no intention of leaving. In fact we are almost done buying a small three bedroom house. I came to Israel almost a decade ago to learn Torah after embracing my heritage. I have grown close to our Land and feel as though it nurtures me as I feel it nurtures the entire nation. I don't believe Am Yisrael is weak. I believe our Nation is strong and it is obvious to me that the weakness lies in our leadership.

I don't believe that my last statement should be taken as an insult. You see I lost hope after Gush Katif. After I and many others were dragged out of the Beit Knesset in Neve Dekalim I had all but given up. Then you were elected and yes although I didn't vote for the Likud I had high hopes for you. You always struck me as someone who could articulate the Zionist position in form of clarity little equaled around the world. You don't hesitate to quote the Torah and invoke the name of the Creator. Yes, you were different than those who came before you. Further it is clear to me that you have the strengths that great leadership is made of. You could be the greatest Prime Minister since David Ben Gurion. Yet, it is clear to me you are scared of global reactions and I don't mean to understand what kind of pressures you are under, yet you must know that you have been chosen now not to give into the whims of foreigners, but to be the leader we know you can be. After all Am Yisrael is the hand of the Creator in the world and you right now are its messenger. Do not falter we are behind you. Do not grovel to the global establishment, it only brings the nation down. You can rise above it; just tap into your G-d given faith and deep cleaving to our divine and historical connection to our Land. Please become the leader that we hoped you would be, but you must do so soon and publicly.

I and the rest of my community humbly request the following:
  • That you make no more concessions under any circumstances
  • Dismiss Ehud Barak (who has lowered check points, frozen settlement construction, and weakened the national resolve) and replace him with Minister Bogie Yaalon, who is respected in all quarters, at home and abroad and who will proudly serve and further the Zionist enterprise
  • Extend civil law to all of the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria. If you believe what you claim that we are equal brothers and sisters in the Land of Israel, then we should have full Israeli Law applied to our communities
  • Reinstate the full security apparatus
Most importantly and separate from the above list is that you need to know that the Creator himself is directing events. We are in the midst of our redemption. We have returned from exile to build our national home, the vessel of the Light of the Blessed Holy One.  The Creator has chosen you now to be at the helm of the Medinat Yisrael, the Kingdom of G-d. It is Purim time. The time of miracles and although we seem to have entered darkness, we know there will be light: "there was happiness and joy for the Jews, a celebration and a holiday."

You can lead us to salvation or fumble, squandering your G-d given strengths, yet know this, just like Mordechai warned Esther: "Do not think that you will escape [the fate of] all the Jews by being in the king's palace. For if you will remain silent at this time, relief and salvation will come to the Jews from another source, and you and the house of your father will be lost. And who knows if it is not for just such a time that you reached this royal position." If you shirk your responsibilities, the redemption will still be completed, but you will be a national disgrace.

I believe you will rise to the challenge. May HaShem bless you and grant you success and salvation.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent letter. I really hope that he will make the time to read it before more damage is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you make available the PM's email address and other ways to contact him and get messages through...even if your same letter is repeated, with several people sending then maybe his people will give him the letter and he will read it at least once. Subject line is important. We use to flood the white house in email campaigns and they usually just pass over the subject lines. Get the message in that way at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant to include the emails. memshala@pmo.gov.il
    pm_eng2@it.pmo.gov.il

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is by far the best, most appropriate letter written to PM Netanyahu I have ever read.. You must have been divinely inspired.

    ReplyDelete